September 13, 2008

This is gonna be good.

I'd like to explain my hiatus from writing the past two months. First of all, I can't believe two months has actually passed without me writing a single entry. It's not that I haven't been trying to find material, it's the fact that for the past two months my job has been resembling normalcy more than ever before. What's normal?...all of my employees show up to work, everyone is happy, the store is doing great, there's no mold growing in the bathroom, and both of my assistant managers are fairly competent. Hard to believe, right? Well, tonight I'm posting because a new writing subject has entered my life...my new District Manager.

My new district manager started on Monday and has already proved several times she is a frantic, belligerent idiot. During her second day on the job, she flooded us with e-mails about employees who forgot to clock out for the previous day. This would have been fine, except all of the employees mentioned did not work in our stores...actually they didn't even have real names. She was yelling at Aim Castle, Stephanie Hello, Rache Building, and a few other imaginary people. The best part was she actually fought with me when I tried to tell her that I didn't have an employee named "Aim Castle." Uh, have you ever met someone named Aim Castle? Yeah, me either.

My new district manager is also the queen of email. She overwhelms us with 10 emails per day of gibberish crap. Yesterday, I happened to check the work email and I had 7 blank emails from her with the subject line, "Call me." Literally, 7 blank emails. The 8th blank email from her had the subject line, "Fix your phone now." In reality, the phone was perfectly fine, I had been using it all day. Trying to explain to her that she had been dialing the wrong number for an hour was a feat in itself. And the best part was that her entire frenzied phone conversation with me was about something that I already knew about.

Wow. It looks like Seal it Up is back and better than ever!


I love my job.

No comments: