November 25, 2008

Black Friday priorities

As Black Friday is drawing near, my DM the Email Queen, is really getting her priorities straight. I remember exactly a year ago, my old DM was running around to all the stores in the district making sure all products were out and all signage was up for the sales. He was in my store until 10PM the night before Thanksgiving, helping us to add the final touches to ensure a profitable holiday weekend.

My new DM, however, finds it is more important to make up her own policies two days before Black Friday and bother the store managers with it. What's her new policy? Well, we are no longer allowed to ask who is calling before transfering a phone call. To most people it is considered common courtesy to ask who is calling, however to her it means that we are 'screening' phone calls. So instead of supervising the sales floor this morning, I had to sit on the phone with her to discuss this new policy and train the employees on how to properly answer the phone.

The best part is that I still know when she's on the phone by my employees' confused faces when they tell me, "some lady wants to talk to you and she sounds pissed." Oh hello, DM.


I love my job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't come to your blog to read nothing and yet that's all I get is Nothing. I've checked it faithfully for 3 months and you have yielded no fruits of comedy, no pearls of managerial wisdom and yet I still keep coming back. You have broken my soul... broken it right in half ma'am. Hahaha, anywho, write something funny. I always like to hear about how you're doing.... Morgan