I just wanted to document my phone conversation with my DM today. Right in the middle of her normal gibberish about payroll hours, visuals, and emails, she all of a sudden says, "YOU NEED TO PUSH YOUR SALES." Under normal circumstances in the retail environment this would not seem out of the ordinary. However, I swear to God, that is the first time ever in which I heard the word "sales" come out of her mouth. She has been my DM since September, and I have never once discussed sales with her. You'd think in this economic recession (or whatever we're in) sales would be the only thing we are focusing on to keep the company alive. Not according to my DM though, what the mannequins are wearing and the email that I didn't read is obviously much more important. Obviously.
How many people would be able to keep track of the fact that the DM has never mentioned sales in 5 months? Well, I guess that just shows how many actual conversations I've had with her in 5 months.
I love my job.
February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment